The document can be used as the basis for further discussion and revision by democratic community of Belarus.
It is important to take into account that the current crisis is caused by multiple gross violations of the Constitution of the Republic of Belarus, wherein the citizen Lukashenko forcibly retained power by using the armed forces and law enforcement agencies. The illegitimacy of Lukashenko’s presidency has been recognized both by the citizens of Belarus and the international community.
NAM claims the most effective scenario for overcoming the crisis is the Constitutional Option of power transition through public dialogue.
To start this public dialogue, full compliance with the following terms is required:
- End of violence against civilians
- Release of all political prisoners
- Begin proper legal investigation of all current and past crimes by government authorities, including violence against peaceful protestors, and election fraud
The public dialog goals include the following basic agreements:
- Termination, via Constitutional authority, of the powers of the self-proclaimed President, and proclamation of Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya as Prime Minister with the powers of the office of the President of Belarus
- Resignation of all officials involved in violent and electoral crimes
- The procedure and timeframe for electing a new President in free and fair democratic elections, subject to the formation of a new Central Election Commission (CEC)
It is implemented through the swearing-in of President-elect Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya to the people of Belarus. President Tsikhanouskaya would then appoint the Prime Minister and form a transitional anti-crisis government. At the same time, a new CEC is to be formed, so that a new President is elected in free and fair democratic elections within 40−70 days after Tsikhanouskaya’s taking office.
The essential question of adopting a new Constitution shall be resolved after the election of a new President to ensure the stability of the state governance during the transitional period.
National Anti-Crisis Management is consistently working on the realization of each of the stages described in the document to ensure their implementation.
For a more detailed description of the scenarios, please follow this link.
Discuss in social networks:
Facebook | Instagram | Telegram | Twitter