Head of the NAM Pavel Latushka — on the air of "Rain" and "Echo of Moscow"
"Echo of Moscow" ("Эхо Москвы")
- Sectoral sanctions are the first decision on the part of the European Union when such large-scale sanctions are imposed on the regime.
- Sectoral sanctions should be considered in conjunction with the previously introduced sanctions packages. The fourth package of sanctions included 8 enterprises. Individual sanctions also affected Lukashenka’s "wallets", which also means sanctions on all their enterprises. Together with the sanctions of the United States, Great Britain and Canada, this will have a powerful effect.
- The effect of second tier sanctions is triggered. Lukashenka’s image of Belarus has been so undermined that business will not invest in Belarus, and domestic business will not reinvest.
- It is necessary to prepare a fifth package of sanctions if the dictator does not start changes in the field of human rights and freedoms of citizens, as well as if he does not organize new democratic elections.
- There are several reasons for the transfer to house arrest of Protasevich and Sapega. Russia was probably negotiating the release of its citizens through diplomatic channels. It is also an attempt to trade hostages due to the imposed sanctions. The fate of each person is important to us, but we cannot buy this, since we have repeatedly gone through this.
Facebook | Instagram | Telegram | Twitter