As a lawyer, Mikhail believes that one of the reasons why Belarusians found themselves in a situation of dictatorship and legal default is the way the judiciary is formed. Now all, with rare exceptions, judges are appointed by the president. This function can and should, according to the NAM participant, be performed through elections by the people, and responsibility to society will better motivate and discipline judges "on the ground" than strive to build a career and take a place in the system, as it is now. The judges of the highest courts can be elected by the deputies of the Parliament.
Earlier, their proposals for the people’s draft of the Constitution were also shared:
- head of NAM Pavel Latushka: new presidential and parliamentary elections within 90 days after the adoption of the draft at a referendum;
- coordinator of the NAM and community *Honest people Lena Zhivoglod: modernized "Magdeburg Law" for Belarusian cities;
- coordinator of the community *Honest people Zarina Sorokina: cancellation of mandatory urgent conscription and transition to an exclusively professional army with contract service.
What do you think? If you have a proposal for a people’s draft Constitution or a question on the draft Constitution of New Belarus, leave it:
- on the website of the draft Constitution of New Belarus;
- in the chatbot of the Svetlana Tikhanovskaya Office;
- in social networks of the NAM, community *Honest people and the Coordination Council;
- on the website and the chatbot of the SHOD platform, district and courtyard chats with the participation of the SHOD delegates.
Public discussions of the draft Constitution of New Belarus will last until August 27. To get acquainted with the proposals and questions of citizens, as well as with the comments and answers of the Public Constitutional Commission, please follow this link.
Discuss in social networks:
Facebook | Instagram | Telegram | Twitter